Save the Date! We’re converging in Columbus, Ohio on February 24-25th for our 20th Annual National Conference.
Get ready to converge on Ohio State’s campus February 24-25th as we join together as a national movement to fight for public education.
We are all trying to process what happened on Election Day. Now, more than ever, we must stand together against Trump’s hateful rhetoric. USAS has been the leading grassroots student organization for nearly 20 years organizing on campuses all across the…Read More
- Two decades after overseas sweatshop conditions first hit national headlines, garment factory conditions have become worse than ever. In Bangladesh, an industry of deathtrap factories endangers thousands of workers every day as greedy companies like VF Corporation refuse to take responsibility for safety in their factories.
- Using our unique leverage as students attending universities with multi-million dollar apparel programs, USAS holds apparel brands like VF responsible for their subcontracted workers, forcing them to respect workers' basic rights to fair wages, decent working conditions, and a union.
- Visit NorthFaceDeathtraps.com to learn more about our campaign in solidarity with Bangladeshi garment workers.
- It’s no secret that workers across the U.S. are constantly struggling to get by. It’s also not a secret that the bosses who control the workplace have the money and power to improve the lives of millions of workers.
- Thousands of workers at our universities who clean our dorms, feed us in our dining halls, and keep us safe on our campuses are living in poverty, subject to harsh retaliation if they speak out or try to form a union.
- USAS stands with campus workers in their struggles to win better conditions, wage increases, healthcare benefits, and a union. The fight continues, from Santa Clara University in California to the University of Miami in Florida.
- Students are workers too! The USAS Student Worker Organizing Committee is leading the fight for better working conditions and a voice at work for student employees.
- SWOC leaders are bringing the fight for living wages to campuses across the country through the #15OnCampus campaign, for a $15 minimum wage for all campus workers, including student workers.
- From coast to coast, we’re winning big. USASers recently won $15 at the University of Washington Seattle and New York University, making these the first two universities in the country to offer a $15 minimum wage to student workers.