Students and faculty have been campaigning for almost two years, and President Rev. Joseph McShane refuses to respect the needs of workers and students. Call President McShane today!
Join us in submitting resolutions and letters to university offices of procurement and university presidents to demand justice from Nabisco/Mondelez!Read More
Northeastern Students Win Campaign to End Nike Contract! After over a year of student organizing, Northeastern University is one step closer to being sweat-free! Northeastern’s administration has agreed to refuse to resign their licensing contract with Nike until Nike…Read More
- Two decades after overseas sweatshop conditions first hit national headlines, garment factory conditions have become worse than ever. In Bangladesh, an industry of deathtrap factories endangers thousands of workers every day as greedy companies like VF Corporation refuse to take responsibility for safety in their factories.
- Using our unique leverage as students attending universities with multi-million dollar apparel programs, USAS holds apparel brands like VF responsible for their subcontracted workers, forcing them to respect workers' basic rights to fair wages, decent working conditions, and a union.
- Visit NorthFaceDeathtraps.com to learn more about our campaign in solidarity with Bangladeshi garment workers.
- It’s no secret that workers across the U.S. are constantly struggling to get by. It’s also not a secret that the bosses who control the workplace have the money and power to improve the lives of millions of workers.
- Thousands of workers at our universities who clean our dorms, feed us in our dining halls, and keep us safe on our campuses are living in poverty, subject to harsh retaliation if they speak out or try to form a union.
- USAS stands with campus workers in their struggles to win better conditions, wage increases, healthcare benefits, and a union. The fight continues, from Santa Clara University in California to the University of Miami in Florida.
- Students are workers too! The USAS Student Worker Organizing Committee is leading the fight for better working conditions and a voice at work for student employees.
- SWOC leaders are bringing the fight for living wages to campuses across the country through the #15OnCampus campaign, for a $15 minimum wage for all campus workers, including student workers.
- From coast to coast, we’re winning big. USASers recently won $15 at the University of Washington Seattle and New York University, making these the first two universities in the country to offer a $15 minimum wage to student workers.